Welcome to our website !

What I've been waiting for

By 6:20 AM

I know I left you guys with a cliffhanger last week. It actually wasn't intentional but kind of fun for me anyway. I've been working my butt off trying to get hired as a lead teacher next year. I applied for every position I could find and did not receive any of them, until last Monday. My current principal called me into his office and offered me a position teaching fifth grade!

I'm already teaching pre-k over the summer ( like I said, kissing ass so I would have a shot at a job) and its a whole new ballgame for me. I am so glad to be going back to kids that can walk themselves to the bathroom. Two more weeks to go.... 

For the next month, I'll be moving the old teachers things ( she moved and left me some awesome supplies) and getting my new (old) classroom ready. Since these pictures were taken there is already paper on the boards and some of the furniture has been moved around. 



I was on the verge of being sick all last week. It could be allergies or kid germs, who knows but when I found out I had been hired, ( which means double the money I was making before!) I wanted to celebrate. My wonderful other half made us reservations at a dessert only restaurant called Better Than Sex


We indulged with rimmed glasses of beer and wine. You have to lick it off as you drink it. So messy but so good. That was followed by a chocolate and brie grilled cheese with a strawberry champagne soup and a warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. Calories don't count when you're celebrating!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. CONGRATS!!!!! you deserve that celebratory dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! You are going to be the most awesome 5th grade teacher. Oh emm gee... those desserts look heavenly. Screw calories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, congrats!!!! That is seriously so exciting! Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyyy so glad you got the job you wanted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new job! Wishing you the best of luck and everything at that table looks delicious!
    Xoxo,
    Shyann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job/position! It must really feel great to be able to create your own space and see what/how it will all work for you. Oh and that dessert only bar/restaurant looks amazing, especially in pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! How freaking exciting!! Calories definitely don't count when you're celebrating. :)

    ReplyDelete